The German Evangelical–Lutheran congregation reaches people of German language in Finland. It is part of the Finnish Church and belongs to the Swedish diocese in Porvoo (Borgå). It is connected since 1959 with the Evangelical Church in Germany. The center of the congregation is Helsinki (Helsingfors). Then there’s the chapel congregation in Turku (Åbo) and approximately 18 community groups across the country.
The community in its present form exists since 1990. It arose from the German congregation in Helsinki (Helsingfors), which was founded in 1858 and the German congregation in Turku (Åbo), which had taken over since 1927, the care of seafarers.